Sunday, August 19, 2012

Graham Minutes

woo!  whata week!  I am on an antibiotic for an ear infection and some other odd things.  So my week wasn't as great as i had hoped.  But i did exercise on one of the hardest days so i felt proud of myself for that!  My head was pounding from my ear infection and i was so tired and achy, but i had to deliver some RS birthday gifts because it is my month to do that.  And i had to exercise!  The birthday gifts were already late, and it was the only open day to do it.  So I decided to turn it into something good and asked Josh if he would go on a walk with me to deliver them all.  I pushed Stella in the stroller and Josh rode his scooter and i walked and ran for 45 minutes while we delivered them.  It was so much fun!  Josh rode ahead of me on one street and when i caught up to him he handed me a flower.  It warmed my heart and I felt such gratitude for my son and for the outing we were having together.  What a memory we made.  The pounding lessened as i exercised and returned when i was done.  I felt blessed.  And now i feel blessed to have an antibiotic working on the infection!  So grateful for medicine!  The experience reminded me of a quote by elder Faust.  It's more about service, but i can relate it to this situation too.  " The Master taught us that “whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.” Some of the most rewarding times of our lives are those “extra mile” hours [given in service] when the body says it wants to relax, but our better self emerges and says, “Here am I; send me.”  Cheers to another week!  Good job everybody!  Go! Fight!  Win from within! :)

Jason-3:00
Kerrie-2:00
Josh-2:30
Kaden-2

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kerrie for your thoughts and for sharing your experience with us! Good Job Grahams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this was Facebook I would LIKE your post a whole bunch! You're awesome! Hang in there. Love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks! I would 'like' yours back :)!

    ReplyDelete